HealthConnections: County Health Rankings 2019

Apr 9, 2019

Each year since 2010, the University of Washington Population Health Institute has released the County Health Rankings.  The 2019 report came out not too long ago, and in this edition of HealthConections, we explore the rankings and what they can tell us about East Tennessee's health.

The County Health Rankings measure vital health outcomes and factors that contribute to well-being, which Dr. Carole Myers says recognizes health is more than health care. Going to the doctor for medical care - what many of us think IS "health care" - in fact represents just 20 percent of factors featured in the rankings. What goes into the other 80 percent? Dr. Myers and host Brandon Hollingsworth explore that in this edition of HealthConnections.